No probate official in Limerick so Seniors money payment delayed and accruing interest

ciarano

Hi there,

We met with our family solicitor to sign the final documents to allow our mothers will go to probate ,unfortunately we have been advised the Limerick probate official has retired and there awaiting a replacement so therefore we now have to go through the Dublin probate office ,

My mam had a seniors money loan and our will is straight forward seniors balance to be paid on sale of house and balance divided 4 ways ,However now that the probate is going to take longer as going Via Dublin were going to have to wait longer before selling the house also meaning Seniors will make more money ,

Before knowing about the delay in probate we paid a good will gesture to seniors a lump sum to keep the loan in order but now we are going to be penalized through no fault of ours because limerick has no probate official, Can we ask Seniors to agree on a final figure as will now awaiting probate OR can they keep the interest going (Possibly another 8 months estimate)

Thanks

we paid a good will gesture to seniors a lump sum to keep the loan in order but now we are going to be penalized through no fault of ours because limerick has no probate official,

Paying the lump sum to Seniors Money will benefit you as it will have reduced the interest charged. If you have the money to clear the loan, Seniors Money will stop charging interest.

You are being penalised by the delays in the Probate Office and not by any action by Seniors Money. So I am not sure why Seniors Money should reduce the interest being charged on the loan?

Brendan

Hi Brendan,

I hope you are keeping well,?

Ah OK I Understand and thanks a mill for the speedy reply

Kind regards
Ciaran

Back