No P60?

Lorraine B

Just a query for a friend. Wonder if someone could advise. Her Tax Credits have changed for this year and seems to have reverted to her maiden name as far as Revenue are concerned, but going on the way Revenue have allocated credits this year I suppse that's not a major surprise!! What she really wants to know is a little more complicated. Her husband hasn't received any P60 yet and his employer isn't very forthcoming. Is there any way to find out for certain if PRSI contributions were paid for him for 2005? By the way he doesn't receive a payslip but has been told that returns have been made.
Any advise would be appreciated.

An employer has to issue an employee with a P60 by the 15th of February 2005, this is clearly stated on the P35 return that an employer received. Also, an employer must send out a payslip for every pay period, on the date that payment is received or as close as possible to it if the employee is paid by credit transfer. Your friend should be able to ascertain if Tax & PRSI have been paid for him by calling his local PAYE office & giving his PPS number. It would make me quite wary if I hadn't received any payslips or a P60.

The local tax office would only know the tax & prsi if the employer has returned their p30/p35. If the employer is breaching the law by not giving a payslip or p60 it may be a case that he is not returning these documents

porterbray said:
The local tax office would only know the tax & prsi if the employer has returned their p30/p35. If the employer is breaching the law by not giving a payslip or p60 it may be a case that he is not returning these documents

It may also be the case that he hasn't got around to filing his P35 or issuing his P60s.

Ask him again.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Would Revenue have all the details put up on system already though for P35 even if it was submitted in time (Feb 14th)? Thats only 1 month ago!!

Lorraine B said:
Thanks everyone for your advice. Would Revenue have all the details put up on system already though for P35 even if it was submitted in time (Feb 14th)? Thats only 1 month ago!!

Even if it was sent in on time, you'd be very lucky if the details were with PAYE section. Call them and ask I suppose.

Contact your local tax office and get them to contact p35 section and see if it has been submitted. If not they will advise how to proceed.

Murt

Thanks, that was what I thought. Only problem is I don't think she has the employers Reg. No. but its worth a try!

Back