No kids allowed to play on common area,is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 fobs

I live in an estate with lots of green areas. And, while I dont have any children myself, I love seeing all the local kids out playing on the green areas. Don't know why any Body (housing association, council, management company) would want to deprive children of that pleasure.

I read these posts to remind myself why I left Ireland. Management companies, Management Agents, Car Parking spaces, "Common Areas" no back yards, 2 up 2 down, maintenance men, pesky children, AGMs, tennants Vs owners, mind the landscaping now...

sounds like a scene from a Monty Python sketch. The country has lost the run of itself.

Children playing is a gift. If you can't handle families then don't live near them. Money spent on a good quality swing set is better than box hedging any day.

If you want peace and quiet you live in your own gated property! People who choose to live in a development with families can't expect peace and quiet all the time. Victor Mildrew springs to mind!

I agree to an extent, and love seeing children playing on the Green in front of my apartment. However, the parents on my estate are considerate and you don't see kids out there beyond 8.30 - 9.00 or before about 10.00 am on a Sat or Sun morning.
I think if you 'choose to live in a development' (unfair comment, most people have no choice) there has to be give and take on both sides - people without children have to be reasonably tolerant of a certain amount of noise and intrustion, people with children have to be reasonably considerate re ensuring their kids aren't bothering the neighbours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back