No days grace on website. late payment . €10 + €1 euro penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcol1

I finally got around to logging on to website this morning to pay - and was charged 111 euro: late payment 10 + 1 euro penalty.

For such a badly handled & poorly communicated effort, the govt certainly made sure the website was able to promptly collect fees & penalties, without even a few days grace!! :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
So you only found out about the charge today? I find it hard to believe that people didnt know about it, fair enough that wasnt because of the government coming out and communicating it, was more the negative press it got.

I paid mine on time so why should you or anybody else be allowed pay it late?

I finally got around to logging on to website this morning to pay - and was charged 111 euro: late payment 10 + 1 euro penalty.

For such a badly handled & poorly communicated effort, the govt certainly made sure the website was able to promptly collect fees & penalties, without even a few days grace!! :mad:

Did you just arrive from the planet Zod or what?

My original post was edited by the moderator, i already explained my reluctance to pay the charge.
I never said i didn't know about the charge. Nor do i come from the planet Zod.

Good stuff.

I really don't understand what exactly was badly handled or poorly communicated.

There is only one excuse: if you refused to pay on principle. Which I guess is anyone's right (actually no: you don't have the right to break the law).

why do you think you should be entitled to any days grace? You werent posting something, you were transacting online.

Where have you been, I'm not even in the country and there has not been a newspaper, radio programme or more government ministers talking about this particular charge both for and against it than I can ever remember. You couldn't get away from it. In addition everybody in the country was talking about it, I believe it was the main topic of conversation for the last couple of weeks.

What was the point of paying it within 48 hours of the deadline? Were you trying to make a point by not paying it on time, but then thought that theyd relax the penalties for a few days or something?
Im confused :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back