Motor No Claims Bonus...panic!

Y

yup

Hi all,
I had an accident on Monday and the car is a complete writeoff... both parties walked out fine, minor bumps and bruises... my car is a writeoff but the other guy's can be fixed easily enough it seems.
When I looked at my policy it says that I have 6 years no claims... I don't, I have 4. I did it all over the phone and remember correcting her when she said it but obviously never checked the documents....

Now the key question...

Am I going to be covered?! Or will this reduce the amount they will payout?

Help!

Re: No Calims Bonus...panic!

Providing that the rest of your policy is correct, this should have no bearing on any potential claim.

Phone call would (should) have been recorded by the insurer.

If the error is on the insurer's side, then there should not be any problem.

If the error is on yours, then the insurer MUST pay the third party claim, assuming you are responsible, but COULD refuse to pay on your own damage portion. They could also seek recovery from you of whatever they pay to the TP.

Calls should be recorded as in the event of you going to complaints procedure with insurer/ombudsman/regulator, it will prove the case one way or the other.

Hi all,
I had an accident on Monday and the car is a complete writeoff... both parties walked out fine, minor bumps and bruises... my car is a writeoff but the other guy's can be fixed easily enough it seems.
When I looked at my policy it says that I have 6 years no claims... I don't, I have 4. I did it all over the phone and remember correcting her when she said it but obviously never checked the documents....

Now the key question...

Am I going to be covered?! Or will this reduce the amount they will payout?

Help!

I take it that you sent your no claims bonus from your previous insurers to your new insurer.
If so you should have no problem because your insurer cannot now use it as a reason to decline your claim.
If they had a problem with your no claims bonus they should have raised the issue at the time you took the policy out.

Best of luck!

Back