No Chorus/NTL in Rathmines.. is this 2009??

nmesisca

Hi all,
does anyone have info re the future availability of Chorus/NTL in Rathmines? Enquired with them a few months ago and was told the service is not available there yet. Checked yesterday on website and still.. computer says NO.. :)
I would have thought in 2009 a central area like D6 would have been covered???

thanks
N

Hi all,
does anyone have info re the future availability of Chorus/NTL in Rathmines? Enquired with them a few months ago and was told the service is not available there yet. Checked yesterday on website and still.. computer says NO.. :)

thanks
N
No Chorus? You lucky thing, nmesisca! Avoid like the plague!

Hi all,

thanks
N

I think certain parts have Broadband availability but I def know that the older style studenty places don't.

You'll have to put up with clearwire, god love ye!

Yeah telly is ok in the area, but no broadband access :(
Its not like Im so impatient to sign up with Chorus really, but ideally I want to get rid of the land line I have with Eircom.
I am with UTV right now, and am quite happy with them tbh.
I know I could sign up with a wireless provider, but their latency is very bad, especially if you want to use online gaming.
Hence the choice for cable :(
I live just off Leinster road.. I cant see students affording to rent there really..
I am just very surprised that such a central area has no BB service !?!
Clearwire is a big no no for me, especially after was bought out.

Magnet have upgraded this exchange, 24Mb is now available in the Rathmines area.

In Dunshaughlin they have the TV bu no Broadband! Can't find a decent Broadband supplier in Dunshaughlin. Be quicker posting a letter than sending an Email with 3.

Back