No Blood for Chocolate

Don't get you.

Lets see.....
France is occuping a foreign country. Bad.
Occupying country kills innocent people. Bad
France destroys all planes to stop more innocent deaths. Good?

I think you are trying to stir things to make it look like people who protest against Iraq are just anti-American who dont really care about the issue.

Strange that you say France destroyed planes and prevented peoples deaths. It was because of the destruction of those planes that lead to the natives rising up and being killed.

Oh and by the way a lot of the people that were protesting against the Iraqi war were Anti-American but let's not move off the point aye?

It was because of the destruction of those planes that lead to the natives rising up and being killed.

Will ya stop trying to stir things for the sake of it.
Is this not like saying that America caused loads of deaths by dropping food parcels in Afghanisatan because it caused some of the locals to riot and kill each other for them?

Oh and by the way a lot of the people that were protesting against the Iraqi war were Anti-American but let's not move off the point aye?

Is this not the whole purpose of the first line or the original post?
What do you mean by:
Where are the so-called peaceniks now?

What peaceniks are you talking about?

Considering Frances deplorable record in Africa and it's political and military support of the genocidal government in Rwanda in 1994, despite international embargo's, and considering the mass murder of millions of Congolese by the Belgians at the turn of the last century, I find it hard to listen to either of them pontificating about what any other country does.
France kills thousands (or in the case of Rwanda actively and knowingly helped to kill hundreds of thousands) to protect it's national interests. It then protests against the US invasion of Iraq because they had the oil rights to many of the large fields and the invasion was against their national interests.

It's as simple as that.

I've been thinking about this one...
France killed half a million Algerians in order to impose a dictator and now they are criticizing the Americans for killing 15 or 20 thousand in order to remove a dictator.

I'll say one thing for them; when they do hypocrisy they do it in style!

Governments the world over do things to benefit their country, so they stay in power. If this means going to war for oil or a partaking in spot of genocide, then so be it.

The American government is naughty, and so is the French government. They should both be sent to bed early.

I agree AP, so why are so many European countries ignoring the way the world really operates, and how they really operate, and taking a position of high moral judgment about Americas actions that they could not not possibly live up to if the situation was reversed?
America may not be right in what it is doing now but it behaves better than France or Spain or Germany or Britain have in similar circumstances in the past and recent past.

so why are so many European countries ignoring the way the world really operates, and how they really operate, and taking a position of high moral judgment about Americas actions that they could not not possibly live up to if the situation was reversed?

Because they're hypocrites. They don't want America to be in control of Middle East oil, they want ease of access to it themselves. Maybe they fear that America will get stronger, thus weakening their position.

It certainly has little to do with humanitarian reasons.

Back