Nintendo Wii - best place to buy

Tarfhead,

Online currency converter, but I just rechecked £179.99 and it's now comming up at 213 euro; I tend to use credit card for purchases or withdraw cash from atm so they both vary to whatever the exchange rate is on the day.

Priscilla.

What was included in the deal?

Console, remote, nunchuck and sports game.

They were selling all consoles, games, dvds, cds etc with 25% off. The Wii fit (thingy that you stand on) was around E60. Shelves were bare!!

Console, remote, nunchuck and sports game.

They were selling all consoles, games, dvds, cds etc with 25% off. The Wii fit (thingy that you stand on) was around E60. Shelves were bare!!

...that looks to be the best around..... the Wii fit is about €89 most placed I looked.

Xtravision look to have the next best right now........console (incl nunchuck, remote, game) + extra nunchuck + extra remote + extra game up to €49 all for €279.

Alot of the instore packages with all stores are a little confusing as you try to work out which is the best one to go with. From what I can gather the console goes for about €240 anyways... Pity Tesco's didn't have them at the weekend just gone though!

Tarfhead,

Online currency converter, but I just rechecked £179.99 and it's now comming up at 213 euro; I tend to use credit card for purchases or withdraw cash from atm so they both vary to whatever the exchange rate is on the day.

Priscilla.

Priscilla
I was being facetious :eek:. I suspected you were using an online currency converter which, IMHO, is the path to frustration. By that, I mean that online currency converters inform an unreal expectation as to the price you would be charged at the till.

FWIW, my wife bought some items on amazon last week, and the Mastercard charages came through at a rate of 0.848. A week earlier, GBP transactions were being converted at 0.8064. So, if the same card were used in Xtravision NI last week, the GBP 179.99 would have converted to EUR 212.25.

Picked up the wii console, (wii sports which seems to be a standard addition )and mario galaxy for £179.99 yesterday in xtravision, showed up on the credit card as 217.28 euro.

Picked up the wii console, (wii sports which seems to be a standard addition )and mario galaxy for £179.99 yesterday in xtravision, showed up on the credit card as 217.28 euro.
Is there any xtravision in Newry?

Korpy,

Just had a look at the xtravision website and no sign of Newry on it's storelocator, it might be worthwhile having a look at the website as there are lots other stores in Down and maybe one of the others might be convenient. I got mine in Enniskillen and picked Mario, super galaxy as the extra free game and the lady said I could come back and change it for another game if need be. Happy shopping.

Korpy,

Just had a look at the xtravision website and no sign of Newry on it's storelocator, it might be worthwhile having a look at the website as there are lots other stores in Down and maybe one of the others might be convenient. I got mine in Enniskillen and picked Mario, super galaxy as the extra free game and the lady said I could come back and change it for another game if need be. Happy shopping.
Thanks Priscilla, I found one in Banbridge. Did you get with the console, remote and nunchuck as well ?

Back