Nintendo Wii - best place to buy

Mers1

Before the Christmas hype does anyone know where the best place to buy one is? I have done a search but all the threads related to last year.

Also as someone who is not too Au fait with these consoles/games is there a sort of "starter pack" that would be best to get??

any info greatly appreciated....

Tesco had a 25% off offer on consoles etc last weekend - they might do it again before xmas.

Argos do bundles. Smyths and the other high street games stores worth a look also. Xtravision do some deals.

Xtravision do some deals.

I bought a great deal in Xtravision last week.

Console + Wii Sports + 2nd controller + 2nd nunchuck + 1 game (max. value EUR 49.99 - I got Mario Kart & wheel) - EUR 279.99.

Smyths currently sell the console on it's own for around the same spend.

got wii in argos at weekend, 239.99 with free wii sports and wii mario cart. includes one controller, one nun chuck (excuse the spelling :eek:) and a steering wheel. thought it was great value.

got wii in argos at weekend, 239.99 with free wii sports and wii mario cart. includes one controller, one nun chuck (excuse the spelling :eek:) and a steering wheel. thought it was great value.

That is good value. The website lists that deal, but not that it included Mario Kart. For an extra €40 in Xtravision, you'd get a 2nd nunchuck & a 2nd controller - cheaper than buying them seperately.

i know, only found out about it when i went to pay at the counter. the reason i went to argos was to get the insurance (yes i am aware that some people think it is a rip off.... so no lectures pls), i think it is great value, i don;t want to have to fork out another 239.99 if something happens the console, at which stage you would have various accessories and games... so its catch 22 really....

girl in argos told me they are selling about 30 per day (wexford town)...

nun chuck is 25.00 and wireless controller is also 25.00 in argos (stand corrected, but think i am there or there abouts)

Thanks all everyone......I think Xtravision may get a call this evening....

Did you purchase afterall???

TBH i found Xtravision previously impossible to deal with as regard returns or getting something changed under warranty... so def going to stick to argos!!

if you havent bought yet:

I just picked up:

Wii inc wii sports and one wireless remote & one nunchuck
any game upto the value of 49.99 i chose mario kart with steering wheel
2nd wii remote
2nd nunchuck

this deal is 279 euros but they are letting people swap the 2nd wii remote against wii play inc remote and you can pay difference ie: €5.

so for €284 euros you get 2 games plus wii sports
2 nunchucks 2 wii remotes
& nintendo wii.

best deal out there - i got mine in portlaoise but other xtravisions are doing above aswell ie: blanchardstown.

hope it helps

neonitrix

And to answer that last one, as far as I know, they are not compatible and you would have to get all your games from NY. They sell ones there you can use in Europe but they work out dearer than getting one here. Was in NY in Sept and we checked them out.

Is a wii fit a totally different thing, or is it just a game you buy?

Wii fit is a game that you play on/with the Wii console. You need the console to play the game. Wii fit consists of the actual "game" (CD) plus a balance board.

Dose anyone know if you buy it in new york will it work over here or will th game work

Won't work with European games, and possibly not with your TV.

I have to say I hate these packages that all stores in Ireland force on us. It's designed to confuse, that's why no two outlets offer the same deal. Why can't I just buy the console at a decent price?

Xtravision N. Ireland selling;

Nintendo wii console, sports wii (which seems to be included on them all anyway), and any game of your choice for £179.99 which converts to 208 euro.

Nintendo wii console, sports wii (which seems to be included on them all anyway), and any game of your choice for £179.99 which converts to 208 euro.
What about toy stores in the north, are they cheaper than here?

I would say everything is cheaper in the North especially with the good exchange rate with the sterling. Fill up on petrol first, this is dearer.

Forget the Wii ! Tell me where you're getting 0.865 to the Euro :eek: !

Tesco had a 25% off offer on consoles etc last weekend - they might do it again before xmas.

Argos do bundles. Smyths and the other high street games stores worth a look also. Xtravision do some deals.

Yeah keep an eye out in Tesco again. Got one a few weeks ago for E202 (25% off original price)

Back