Nil commission vs direct to Pension Comany?

L

Lucky21

HI,
I'm a newbie to this site and I think its great, I'll certainly be getting my friends and family to log on!

I'm a bit confused with the pension market.
I am a director in my own company and am setting up a company pension scheme. There are one or two companies out there whom I think would be good for me and I have spoken to their reps to find out more

However before I make my final decision... I never like paying more than I have to and I'm wondering if I go the "nil Commission " route with an online brokers do I lose access to wealth managers advice within the pension company. For example one company I met with said they meet annually with their clients to review the status of the pension fund and agree how the funds will be invested over the next year. I like that approach but am wondering if i get the same "access" going the nil commission route or is this why you pay your "annual charge"?

Apologies if this question seems totally stupid but I don't know enough about all this.

Any advice?
Lucky :eek:

A pension is not like a commodity ie: a mortgage. It needs to be advised on annually and your tax situation needs to be monitored for the life of the scheme. You should go to a good Authorised Advisor who has good pension experience. If I was setting up a Co pension I would want best advice not Nill Commission and I would not go direct to a Life Company as they will only sell you their product. Good Luck....

I'm a bit confused with the pension market.

Any advice?
:eek:

Recipe for disaster going online. Get a small brokerage where the guy /gal you deal with will be there every year and they will be dealing with the different companies all the time and have some inside track otherwise you are on your own. If you do go it alone dont try and be too clever or it will go horribly wrong. Mind you looking at performance for the last year, very few would have got it right.

Back