Nikon D5100 Kit

Tired Paul

All,

After much soul searching I think I've decided to get a D5100. Only question now is where to buy it from.
Have looked at a few sites from the USA (B&H Photo looks good) but not sure on importation taxes etc. Anyone with similar experience.
Looking to spend about €600 to €900.
Min you I'm still open to other suggestions.

Cheers.

Hi

Sorry I don’t have many ideas on price comparisons. I bought my D3100 in the camera centre on grafton street. Very helpful and threw in a few extras. They were actually cheaper than Argos.

There is an afternoon course that Nikon run (camera centre threw in for free), its brilliant if you are new to this.

Good luck with the camera – fantastic long term investment.

This guy is apparently the ‘guru’ of cameras….. he’s not one of these recommending €2,000 cameras to the general user. I found his site brilliant to get a handle on DSLR’s …. http://www.kenrockwell.com/

Cheers for that flattea2. Will look into this further. Have come across Ken Rockwell in the past and found his reviews very good.

Hi

Sorry I don’t have many ideas on price comparisons. I bought my D3100 in the camera centre on grafton street. Very helpful and threw in a few extras. They were actually cheaper than Argos.

There is an afternoon course that Nikon run (camera centre threw in for free), its brilliant if you are new to this.

Good luck with the camera – fantastic long term investment.

This guy is apparently the ‘guru’ of cameras….. he’s not one of these recommending €2,000 cameras to the general user. I found his site brilliant to get a handle on DSLR’s …. http://www.kenrockwell.com/

Sorry for hijacking the thread but can I ask what are your thoughts on the D3100? A guy at work was asking me about it as I have the D70s but I haven't a clue.

After searching and searching and getting my hands on a few different models, I've committed to the Canon 600 D.
All I can saw is - WOW !!!!!!!
I do a lot of family photography and some landscape stuff and I have to say totally blown away by it. Needs some reading of the very detailed manual but if you've any basic idea of different settings and so on, it'll be no prob. If your a complete novice I envy you - finding out what each differnet setting does - brillient. Auto setting is the best I've come across. One small thing, bought it on line as a kit but the card that came with it wouldn't allow for video filming. Changed card to 16GB Type 10 - works perfect. Type 6 or above is recommended.

Back