Nikkai AV Sender

slookie

Hope someone out there can help me. I have Sky Plus in the sitting room. During the Summer we use the conservatory, so rather than get another Sky box, we were advised to get an AV sender. There is only the kitchen between the 2 rooms, and the picture is good, not excellent though. The instructions were basic and hard enough to follow.
The problem is that I have to go back into the sitting room to change the Sky channel,which kinda defeats the purpose in the first place. It says on the box "Change channel from another room with the built in IR Remote repeater"
If anyone has one, can you tell if I have it set up right. The transmitter unit is connected by scart to the Plasma in the sitting room. Should it be connected to the plasma or the Sky Box? The IR unit is connected to this.
The receiver unit is then connected by scart to the tv in conservatory. Its a 5.8GHz unit.
Any help appreciated.

IR unit should be pointing at front of the Sky box which may not be possible if you have the main unit connected to TV Scart - try connecting to SKY box instead. If this still does not work can you post a link to the unit you have on the maplin.co.uk site - guessing from the brand name that you purchased it there.

[broken link removed]

Thats the one I got. But how will my sky remote work in the conservatory...should that IR thing not be in the conservatory. How will the signal from remote go through 2 concrete walls into sitting room?

Just tried that and it worked. Thanks a million for ur help. Now any suggestion on how to get the perfect picture? The tv in conservatory is right beside the door and when you walk past it interferes with reception. It's watchable but not perfect.

I have one of those 5.8ghz tv senders, however mine is only semnding a short distance. You could try changing the channel on the sender and receiver. There is a channel button on the side, both have to be on the same channel. I can get interference when walking in front of the receiver but mostly its fine and perfect tv reception.

I used to have a 2.4ghz av sender, these are susceptible to interference from other electronic devices. However I believe they have a better range than the 5.4ghz av senders - I am open to correction on this.

Back