night sweats

doobey - a woman?

I'm surprise this question only come up at the end. There was a general assumption that the questioner was a man - wonder why. I immediately thought - menopausal symptoms here. You can start going through this quite early in life although the vast majority start in mid to late 40's. I've heard of women as young as 30 going through the symtoms.
Here is a great website www.whatreallyworks.co.uk
if you are interested in natural cures. Best one I got for night sweats is called Meno Herbs. Use this with Women Essence each day - good results.

doobey - a woman?

First of all you need a medical diagnosis to eliminate serious pathology.

Then if it is peri-menopausal (and as I said in my earlier post, there is absolutely NO INDICATORS for this girls, take it from one who has been there!) you can then focus on finding something which mitigates the symptoms. Personally I don't think much of HRT and not many women know that it does not 'stop' the menopause or its symptoms but simply defers it so HRT users will get the full blast whenever they stop using the monkey-glands.

I would not - personally - experiment without expert guidance with anything which affects the kidneys. Artificial stimulation of the kidneys........for what? What will it lead to?

I picked up from your posts you were not a woman but you seemed to be reporting peri-menopausal symptoms. Would it not be more likely your girl-friend would be more content in her physical self if she engaged with these issues directly through discussion and support from other women? These are after all traditionally referred to as "womens' issues".

"don't assume that because one batch of blood tests came back clear that it's psychological. The lab will only have tested for what your GP told them to test for."

I agree with purple - my other half had night sweats for ages and had blood tests and was told 'everything is okay, don't worry about it'. Ended up in hospital for 5 weeks with fluid around the heart and lungs and no diagnosis. Eventually in the 5th week they came up with seronegative arthropathy - a weird form of arthritis which causes inflammation of the organs.

We got the fright of our lives and the other half thought the grim reaper was about to pounce!

If you don't think it's caused by synthetic bedlinen or anxiety, have it checked out and persist until they come up with an answer!

Back