Night Driving Glasses

Mary_K

10 years ago I had laser surgery (PRK) to correct short-sightedness. All-in-all, I am very happy with the result. An optician described my sight as 20/20 recently. The main reason I went for the recent test was to see if he could offer any advice about glares and halos I see around light whilst driving at night. He couldn't recommend anything.

Just wondering has anybody ever tried those yellow-tinted "night driving glasses" or anything else for that matter that can reduced glare and halos at night. Thanks.

Good topic. I too have trouble driving at night during weekdays. Although it is coming into the summer now. I work on computers during the day and at night i suffer from severe headaches which could be caused by the monitor however oncoming lights are like needles in my eyes. Bloody nightmare. My eyesight is perfect so i cant really understand whats goin on.
Didnt know there were night glasses. Think i'll look into this more.

... Didnt know there were night glasses.

There are a lot on the market ok - usually with a yellow tint like [broken link removed].
However, profeessional opinion seems to say they are not good - [broken link removed].

Jeez, they certainly dont look safe......in terms of being pulled over by the fashion police and beaten to death with your own shoes!:eek:

bad night vision is a fairly common side-effect of laser eye surgery.

Those glasses will work if you don't mind lookin like a dipstick. :) I tried them about 10 years ago too, cheap ones from some catelogue, just to see if they worked.

That said, wearing your sunnies in the depth's of winter seems to be common in dublin these days.

Might buy a pair and give them a go. Don't really mind looking like a dipstick if I arrive home in one piece. Better that looking like a dipstick having run into a ditch or worse ...

Back