Nice hotel break in Ireland

JodiePJ

Hi all

I want to book a nice break somewhere in Ireland as a gift for a couple who will shortly be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary - preferably a bit away from Dublin as that is where they live. Maybe a country house with nice peaceful country walks but near enough a town also for shopping and nice restaurants. Swimming and spa facilities would be a bonus also.

Ideas on anywhere in Ireland would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have not given a price range but if I could go somewhere it would be KENMARE PARK.

Kellys in Rosslare, Wexford. they have all items you have listed... alto may be getting a little cold for down there...???

Lyrath, Kilkenny -------- again it totally depends on your budget, beautiful hotel!

The Marriott at Johnstown Bridge, Enfield is good for a weekend. Have stayed there twice and enjoyed both times. They have a good spa with steam room, sauna, hot tiled beds; jacuzzi off the main pool all included. If you want treatments they are extra. Good food, very friendly staff and good value for money.

I'd second the Lyrath recommendation - a friend of mine spent a few days there last month, and has been raving about it ever since!

Loads and loads and loads and loadsa threads in the same vein as what you might be after - search ?

And check the key posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheen Falls or Parknasilla in Kerry. A bit pricey though. Sheen Falls offers clay pigeon shooting - great fun!!

There was a gorgeous looking hotel featured in the Saturday Indo a few weeks back. The Cliff House Hotel in Ardmore, Co Waterford. I haven't been but it's certainly on my list for my next weekend break.

I often give vouchers for Hidden Ireland as a wedding gift - they've a good selection of price ranges and locations and all of their venues are unique.

I've always received positive reports back from the people I've given the gifts to. (Then again I don't think any of my friends would be rude enough to tell me otherwise!)

lough rynn castle in Leitrim i'd deffo recommend, ballyliffen lodge in donegal i'd deffo avoid!!!
plus you cant go wrong with Kelly's

Back