Nice Co. Kerry Hotels

Even if you don't stay in the Killarney Park, go there, have a meal or some bar food and I guarantee you will be impressed. (I have no connection with the place apart from being a very satisfied customer)

Sheen Falls by far

Having stayed in both the Aghadoe Heights and Sheen Falls in Kenmare, there is absolutely no comparison in my opinion, Sheen Falls is a clear winner. Alright it is expensive, but if money isn't your major concern and romance, luxury and pure relaxation are then go for Sheen Falls. It is the nicest hotel I have stayed in anywhere, ever.

By the way I have no cennection with Sheen Falls whatsoever.

Christy

Hi Vanilla

Breakast at [broken link removed] sounds good

Marion

If you are going to Dingle then I would recommend Heatons - purpose built B&B. The rooms are bright airy & sparious.... the breakfast - a choise like no other & the owners are really nice people

If budget is gone out the window (money really no object!) The Sheen Falls in Kenmare is very luxurious

Hi,

my parents were down in the Lake Hotel last week, and really liked it.
They had booked a 'master deluxe' but when they got there, were told that there was building work going on above the rooms, so were downgraded to a 'deluxe'. Even so, they were very happy with the room - very big, brand new bathroom, terrace over looking the lake.
The reviews on trip advisor are very positive, but to me the decor seems a bit dated (maybe its more suited to my age 75+ parents than someone younger?). They thought the food was lovely too, and are looking forward to going back.

OK, while I know you said 'not Killarney' I just wanted to say that we've just returned from a fab stay at the Killarney Plaza www.killarneyplaza.com. Got a great deal of €175 pps for 2 nights B&B and one evening meal. One of the best hotels I've stayed in!

Waterville is a lovely little town - nestled between Ballinskelligs bay and Lough Currane. Might be a bit quiet in April, though, the season will only be starting. The Butler Arms is a family run hotel - it needs a bit of work but the rooms are good.

There's a very good restaurant in Waterville called Paddy Frog's - I recommend it (although it's not cheap.)

THe Dingle Skelligs hotel is a lovely 4 star and Dingle is gorgeous. They have a wonderful spa there too.

I recently stayed in Castlewood House in Dingle.

It is a gorgeous new house overlooking the bay. The breakfasts were fantastic. They even had freshly made bread and butter pudding! The porridge with the baileys (poured with a generous hand at the table) was fairly scrummy! My friends and I managed to sample practically everthing (apart from the full barnyard and the fresh fish - no boats out) over the few days we spent there. Every dish was perfectly cooked.

Marion

PS: Ninsaga, it is run by a son (and his wife) of the Heaton's and and is right next door to it.

if you really want to get away from it all you should head to Dingle - the Skellig and the Benner's Hotel are both very nice - Skellig has nice spa and leisure centre. If you want to go a little bit further and really have a bit of peace and quiet head to www.gormans-clifftophouse.com - this is in Ballydavid (near Ventry), its a nice Guesthouse with its own Restaraunt and is right on the coast.

I would'nt bother with Kenmare and Sneem - completely over the top with Americans and high prices. Another option would be the Meadowlands Hotel in Tralee, unlike the Brandon this is a 4 star Hotel, and is supposed to have built on top class lesiure suite. the rooms are huge and the bar is a bit of craic. the drawback of Tralee is that you're not right on the coast - but the shopping is fantastic and has the best nitelife of the county

Back