NIB to charge for Custody Account

I rang the branch, got through to a call centre who actually put me through to the branch. They will close my ustody account and charge me €25 to convert my shares(one type only) into certs. Slim

I accused them of deception, they replied with an "investigation response" letter received this morning stating that the €20 was stated in Ts&Cs when I signed up for the account, but waived. I don't believe them, but I haven't had a chance to check yet. They refuse to close my account, I refuse to pay them to transfer the shares out. I've informed them that if they bill me the €20, I'll report them to the Gardaí for fraud. Obviously I've withdrawn all of my funds from the tied current account.

Eh?

So you haven't checked the terms and conditions, but are willing to report them for fraud. Wouldn't it be wise to check that first..?

I haven't checked the Ts&Cs or reported them for fraud. On wise, it would have been wise of them not to explicitly describe the account to me as transaction-only when I set it up. So Eh? yerself. If you've nothing constructive to say, mind your own business.

I haven't checked the Ts&Cs or reported them for fraud. On wise, it would have been wise of them not to explicitly describe the account to me as transaction-only when I set it up. So Eh? yerself, if you've nothing constructive to say, say nothing.

I'm trying to clarify the point, as your post wasn't very clear to me.

You seem arguing with them and accusing them of deceiving you over something you're not sure of. (Logically, they can only have deceived or not deceived you, so until you've established whether the information was present or not when you opened the account, it doesn't appear to make much sense to make that allegation just yet).

I just don't see the point in having that argument, or threatening them with reports to the Gardai (I didn't say you had) until you have established whether or not it is in the T&C's.

If it is present in the T&C's which you agreed when you opened the account, well, trite as it sounds, you won't have a leg to stand on unless you have written statement that waives you of said fees and/or waives their right to change the services they provide in the future to you.

If it isn't in the T&C's, well then you have a pretty solid case.

... mind your own business....

Neither agreeing or disagreeing with the discussion thread here - but I did not think this post was in the spirit of AAM, and inappropriately confrontational. Aren't there guidelines on this?

I asked for one piece of advice in this thread, an alternative to NIB for transaction-only share-dealing. If I wanted opinions or advice on anything else, I would have asked for them.

If anyone would care to comment on my specific request, instead of continuing to wander off-topic and troll, I'd be delighted to hear it.

I complained and got a letter today stating that having reviewed my account the 40 euro fee will be waived. Like Aristotle they have got plenty out of me on every transaction.
I suppose you have a chance if you are using it frequently.

When I opened this account 2 or 3 years ago the terms and conditions stated very clearly that there was a 40 Euro charge associated with it. Each time I enquired (twice or three times), I was told it was still being waived. I closed my account last week as had no shares in the account.

Just wondering if anyone has seen a charge to their account yet for the custody account? I checked my May statement and there does not appear to be any fees taken out.

Just wondering when they will start charging.

I rang the branch, got through to a call centre who actually put me through to the branch. They will close my ustody account and charge me €25 to convert my shares(one type only) into certs. Slim

NIB rang me to clarify whether I wanted to transfer the shares to anothe rcustody account or get certs. Certificate will cost me £65stg! Slim

I got my fee waived. I do have quite a few transactions in the last year so NIB have earned a good bit on transaction fees.

Back