NIB new product range launched

Brendan Burgess

Founder
press release issued today

National Irish Bank Launches New Thinking in Banking

Customers win with Market Leading Banking Proposition

Following an intensive 12 month, €70 million change programme which sees the introduction of parent Danske Bank’s technology platform, National Irish Bank has today launched a range of initiatives designed to change the banking landscape in Ireland. Key initiatives announced include:
·Ireland’s first personal banking packages – combining current account, overdraft, credit card and eBanking
oFive new packages – three free; two fee based
·Market leading rates:
    • Mortgages – from 3.3% APR
    • Credit cards and overdrafts (now aligned) – below 10%
    • Credit interest (1% - 1.75%) - first bank to pay meaningful rates
·€100 ‘Beat the Competition’ challenge on personal customer packages
·Transaction-free banking (limited restrictions) extended to cover both debit and credit customers
·Referral Fees abolished for personal customers (first bank to do so)
·For SSIA customers, an innovative range of new Savings Accounts
oECB Tracker Deposit account (ECB + up to 1% - currently up to 3.5%pa)
oRegular Savings account (ECB + 0.5% - currently 3%pa)
oRange of Danske Managed Funds
·For Business Customers a powerful business banking proposition with market leading:-
oCash Management tools to manage working capital
oForeign Exchange Management tools
oInterest Rate Management Products
oInternational Trade Options
·New business structures based on five regions with local decision-making power
·Best internet banking service in Europe
oUnique Text Messaging service (eg confirmation of balance)
oAbility to trade stocks & shares online
·All supported by world class IT platform delivering capability for further innovation and service
·€20million investment programme with 15 new branches over the next three years

Andrew Healy, CEO, National Irish Bank, said; “Today we’re setting about changing the landscape of banking in Ireland through the launch of an alternative with substance. National Irish Bank has been transformed to become a new, agile organisation with strong ethics and values. Our focus is on the business or personal customer who wants something truly competitive and innovative. Today we’ve announced Ireland’s first product packages with a view to encouraging customers to allow us to meet all their banking needs under one roof. Many of the rates and charges we’ve introduced are the best this market has ever seen and we’re now supported by Danske Bank, one of Europe’s most technologically advanced banks. Our approach will be to deliver for customers in a way that is transparent, open and efficient. The track record of Danske Bank Group is well known and I’m confident they’ve empowered us with the formula for success. We’ll need to work hard but our goal is to become a strong, credible challenger to the established banks in Ireland who have dominated the market for too long. We’re a different and compelling alternative with real substance to our products and services”.

The main cost for most of us is the mortgage rate. NIB were already about the cheapest at 3.3% for low loan to value mortgages and this does not seem to have changed.

I have asked them for more details on the mortgage product and will post it when I get it.

Brendan

On family home Mortgage I am on a tracker .79% above ECB , does anything change for me cheers

Brendan said:
The main cost for most of us is the mortgage rate. NIB were already about the cheapest at 3.3% for low loan to value mortgages and this does not seem to have changed.

I have asked them for more details on the mortgage product and will post it when I get it.

Brendan

Please check out link shown below, regarding NIB's published Mortgage rates on the new web-site.

As it is difficult to link to this info directly, i have linked to a screen-capture of their rates page, see this post

Thanks Irish Pancake

I will be speaking about their product on Today FM at around 6.15.

It is bizarre, that they are going on about their new technology platform and that you cannot find their rates on their website!

Brendan

They do have the rates available [broken link removed] and click on "compare interest rates".

Residential Mortgages Rate
APR*
ECB Tracker 3.80%
ECB Tracker <60% Loan to Value (minimum loan €100K) 3.30%

ECB Tracker >60% & <= 80% Loan to Value(minimum loan €100K) 3.50%

2 Year Fixed 3.80%

3 Year Fixed 3.95%
5 Year Fixed 4.20%

Offset Mortgage €50k to €99,999 3.69%

Offset Mortgage €100k to €349,999 3.59%

Offset Mortgage €350k + 3.49%

Standard Variable 4.10%

You can find the rates, but the site is similar to www.revenue.ie in that you cannot link to individual pages, i.e. the url you see when you are in the page with the rates is the same as the personal banking homepage.

A spokesperson for NIB has confirmed that they have not changed their mortgage rates. "A new offer will be announced in May".

Brendan

of course you can link their rates 'page' so [broken link removed]

I am underwhelmed by this 'launch' so they better come up with funky (cheap) product in May to differentiate themselves.

2Pack said:
of course you can link their rates 'page' so [broken link removed]

I am underwhelmed by this 'launch' so they better come up with funky (cheap) product in May to differentiate themselves.

I couldn't link to that page today, I had tried. It must be something to do with browser settings.

CCOVICH said:
I couldn't link to that page today, I had tried. It must be something to do with browser settings.
The link that works came from the site map, the one you tried still doesn't work.

Hi CC

You can link to a Revenue page.

When you are on [broken link removed] for example, by shifting and clicking on "Your first job", it will open it in a new page, and you can copy this as follows:

[broken link removed]

But it did not work for me on the NIB page.

Brendan said:
Hi CC

You can link to a Revenue page.

When you are on [broken link removed] for example, by shifting and clicking on "Your first job", it will open it in a new page, and you can copy this as follows:

[broken link removed]

But it did not work for me on the NIB page.

Totally OT, but cheers Brendan :).

Back