I was told the valuer had to be a member of the IAVI. NIB do not use panels. You could try those auctioneers fellas from the Prime Time programme...reckon they'd put their name to anything!
Don't suppose you remember what they charged for the valuation? How long did it take to get done? Mind you with the speed NIB are replying to my request for documentation I'm in no hurry, waiting since mid December for written offer.
I try to approach my bank yesterday (FirstActive), i got a reply saying they will call me back and never heard from them. Will definitively switch to NIB for sure.
Their call centre is in Belfast and they route all calls there. I wouldnt be waiting by the phone. Customer service isn't part of this whole deal. If theres money to be saved as there certainly is in your case, your going to have to drive this yourself. Call into the local branch and organise the appointment. I've been trying to get this all sorted out since last November.The NIB phone operator (in Belfast, which is odd since I called my local branch in Dublin) said that she'd be getting the mortgage officer from my local branch to call me, but couldn't guarantee that'd be today. So I await their call.
I've recently switched to the NIB LTV product and can recommend it.I reckon that with some crafty talking, NIB would have to take them both as effectively one mortgage and accept me as a candidate for the LTV loan.Here's a question regarding NIB (or AIB or whoever) not taking into account loans other than the main residence mortgage for their LTV product:If one were to consolidate all their loans (mortgage, car, holiday, credit cards, etc) into one mortgage with their current lender, could they then subsequently switch that mortgage to an LTV mortgage, ending up better off all round?
I'd guess there's something that would scupper that idea, but I had to ask.
Presumably when you solicitor gets the cheque and uses it to clear the old loan any excess will be returned to you? At that point it might make sense to put it off the new loan as an accelerated capital repayment unless you need it for some other purpose?One question: The amount I borrowed from NIB is now more than the outstanding balance on the old loan (due to the continuing payments on the BOI mortgage since December). How & when can I expect this money back?