NIB lodgements through Post Office

onway

My local NIB is closing in August and I do all my banking through it.I do alot of my transactions through internet banking but am wondering about lodging money/cheques to my accout. Does anyone know if their arrangement with post office is going ahead ...no mention of it on web-site.....

From what I gathered when it was announced, it won't be going ahead before the branch closures/transition to cashless.

it is going ahead but they havn't announced a start date for it as of yet.

Extract from NIB letter to customers ''If you have cash or cheques to lodge, or cash withdrawals to make, you can do so at any of 1,200 Post Office branches from November this year.''

Thanks for that......Doesn't sound like that will be very helpful for me because my branch closes in August......

I'm in a similar situation, except that my local branch of NIB closed a few months back and, since then, the only available branch to me has been in the city centre. So the move to the Post Office network will be a big improvement, from my point of view.

I asked about it in the Post Office the other day and they said it would be operational before the move to cashless banking at NIB, but not necessarily before all the projected branch closures.

farcical situation.

Went to Post Office today to lodge money into NIB account. Was told that I could only lodge cash and not cheques. Madness!!!

Now I can lodge cheques in my local NIB branch but not cash and in the Post Office I can lodge cash but not cheques. Madness!!!

I know that I lodged cheques to my NIB account through the post office last week so that is not the case for every post office.

If you have a look on the NIB website there is a section listing all the post offices that handle NIB lodgement services. It shows all the post office addresses and the date they will or have started handling lodgements. It also notes that some of the post offices will only accept cash lodgements not cheques. It suggests that initially 200 post offices will accept cheques and cash and the rest will only accept cash. There is also a fairly extensive FAQ which has addressed pretty much any questions I had.

They don't seem to have launched their cash withdrawl service from the post offices yet though. I rang them last week to ask how I could get a larger amount of cash and they increased the daily withdrawl limit of my ATM card to 1,000 Euro a day.

In post office yesterday and they told me that the date for being able to withdraw money from them has been pushed back to early next year. This facility was supposed to be up and running by next month. Apparently it is to do with NIB, not An Post.

Back