NIB - introducing cashless banking

I thought so too. But got a statement from AIB the other day with charges for 'Phone & Internet Banking' at 20c per transaction.:mad:
Sorry to hear it - I was actually referring to NIB eBanking, and in fact, I was referring to usage costs. Transaction fees can still apply, depending on your account and whatever deal you are on.

Ok, so has anyone found a solution yet?

I've a tenant, on disability, with no english... He's forced to collect his disability in cash, and then has, upto now, lodged the rent in cash into my account. to his credit, he doesn't have a bank account in this country...

The bank has told me that there is no agreement with the Post office, until November...

As far as I can see, all I can do, is collect the cash myself, and not withdraw cash for personal purposes...

I rang my local NIB branch yesterday (Limerick) and they told me that I can withdraw cash upto 8th September... but I wont be able to withdraw money after that over the counter until the post office option comes up and running in November.... if I (and all the people living in Limerick) wish to withdraw any major volume of cash (which I do) between 8th September and November, I/we have to drive to the Cork NIB branch to withdraw it... progress indeed! (they have subsequently contacted me to say that I can withdraw over the counter in Ennis for a few weeks). Needless to say, that is completely unacceptable.

Surely the cashless switchover should be delayed until the An Post alternative is up and running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Living in the North -east region here & nib have Really abandoned us :(
Branch in town is closing this month then the 3 nearest towns nib's have closed last month.
The next nearest one (30 miles away) is cashless & post office transactions is not starting untill november.
So we will have to Travel to Dublin(i think) to do any cash Transactions in the mean time.
Cant even leave nib as its too complicated,i have,morgage,car loan,overdraft with them.

Back