NIB eBanking unavailable (25/06/2012)

Eeyore

I am unable to logon to the NIB eBanking site this morning. I get the following error message.

"Technical communication error
An error has occurred in the communication between your computer and National Irish Bank. Please restart your browser and try again."

I have tried with several different browsers with the same result. The main bank [broken link removed] also seems to be offline.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

i was just coming on here to say im having this problem this morning.Hope its resolved soon.usually a great service .

i was just coming on here to say im having this problem this morning.Hope its resolved soon.usually a great service .

Same here. Bad enough Friday's pay has not come through via Ulsterbank but now I can't check it on NIB!!:mad:

Customer support answered after about 5 mins. Problem with website is NOT connected to UB meltdown, he said. ATMs are operating with a €300 limit and POS(point of sale) with a €1,000 limit. Could not say when normal service would be resumed.

Last edited:
I noticed that same problem on Monday. Now today, while transferring money, I got a generic 'technical error' before my session crashed. Until this week I've never had any problems with NIB's ebanking. I wonder if it's just a coincidence or perhaps - loosing the run of myself here - certain banks services are being successfully targeted.

Back