Newspaper subscriptions - Business Post / The Times etc €1 / first month

cmalone

Has anyone tried special offer subscription for new customers - €1 / month for first month with Sunday Business Post and The Times ... any feedback ?

gone with Times/Sunday Times. Took a few days to get used to it, but good value I think.

Usually only 7 of 8 Irish articles with the Times - except for Sunday ...

You mean 7-8 articles specifically related to Ireland? You do get access to the normal English edition (plus Scottish supplement). And the full Sunday edition.

I think it is good value. Although nothing really beats a paper hardcopy.

True. Miss the hard copy. Yes 7/8 Irish articles a day during week. Very good quality and readable.
Sunday Business Post €1 offer for first month ...

I signed up for an introductory offer from The New Yorker; a few USD for 3 months.

Before the 3 months had elapsed, they applied a charge for a full year, USD 99.

They were quick to refund, but .. be careful when signing up for introductory offers that they don't roll into longer-term commitments.

My bug bear with the Business Post is that to cancel it you MUST call them. No email or "click here" cancelation for an on-line paper.

Previously you had to sign up before knowing the price.

Utterly consumer unfriendly.

Whereas with the Irish Times, you email and you get almost immediate confirmation - no high pressure sales pitch.

Even better, Netflix, simple click.

My bug bear with the Business Post is that to cancel it you MUST call them. No email or "click here" cancelation for an on-line paper.

Previously you had to sign up before knowing the price.

Utterly consumer unfriendly.

SkyTV have a similar "rule", then leave you on hold for 30 mins, before someone takes your call.

Shady practice, some might say!

Definitely not the type of companies that I want to do business with.

Join your local library and download the Pressreader app and you can read lots of magazines and newspapers from around the world for free. Sadly they recently took the Examiner off it but you can read things like the Washington Post and Smithsonian magazine for nothing.

Back