Newer car worth extra money?

No, they are both Petrol DSG, neither are a diesel. The Irish car is the White 152 on Carzone for sale in Tipperary (can't post links yet, sorry). The UK car ad is currently offline.

VRT on petrol imports from the UK is high, that might account for why it is so expensive. Either way, the Irish car looks much the better deal so.

Volkswagen and cars from their stable are massively over rated in my opinion.
They are not as reliable as they used to be.
Soft is the word i'd use for them.

No, they are both Petrol DSG, neither are a diesel. The Irish car is the White 152 on Carzone for sale in Tipperary (can't post links yet, sorry). The UK car ad is currently offline.

Thats a nice looking car, main dealer aswell so much better peace of mind then the UK alternative. With the price diff over the 132 of only €2k I'd definitley be doing a deal on the Irish one if its the car you want.

I wouldn't be a fan of the interior colour but thats just a personal thing.

Best of luck with whatever you buy. I always love getting a new car!

VRT on petrol imports from the UK is high, that might account for why it is so expensive. Either way, the Irish car looks much the better deal so.

Yeah, there wasn't an exact match on the revenue site but it was coming in at €2,330 approximately, so I would expect to pay more than that.

Thats a nice looking car, main dealer aswell so much better peace of mind then the UK alternative. With the price diff over the 132 of only €2k I'd definitley be doing a deal on the Irish one if its the car you want.

I wouldn't be a fan of the interior colour but thats just a personal thing.

Best of luck with whatever you buy. I always love getting a new car!

Thanks :) Yeah it's a nice looking car alright, I don't mind the interior but it wouldn't be my first choice for colour alright.

There is a part of me thinking it's mad money to spend on car when my annual mileage will probably be 8k, and most likely less even. I could just buy a Kia for half the price and wait till a time when I'd be commuting more to purchase a more comfortable model, they all ultimately do the same thing ha :)

Thanks for your opinions everyone :)

Volkswagen and cars from their stable are massively over rated in my opinion.
They are not as reliable as they used to be.
Soft is the word i'd use for them.

VW have a huge following in this country , they can get away with a lesser product such is their loyalty , id rather spend the kind of money needed to buy a golf on a honda , id rate toyota and ford above VW but honda is ahead of any of them

Certainly Honda are top of the pile and all the others are also-rans. Since Toyota started to build certain models in the UK, there has been a sharp fall in quality and reliability, the Avensis being a case in point.

benzino , would you consider any make other than a VW ?, while im generally not a fan of opel , the current astra is very good and considerably cheaper than a focus , let alone a golf

benzino , would you consider any make other than a VW ?, while im generally not a fan of opel , the current astra is very good and considerably cheaper than a focus , let alone a golf

Of course, I'm not a VW fanboy or anything. The only reason I ended up looking at Golfs (and strongly at a Leon), is that I find I didn't like a lot of the interiors (mainly the dash) for most other brands, with the exception of VAG cars. I actually like the Astra a lot too, but the interior doesn't really do it for me.

I've viewed the Golf and am going to go ahead with it, was very impressed with it. Sure, it's more money than other brands but it'll also sell for more too. Plus I can afford the car, might as well get something I enjoy during this short life of mine. Thanks very much for all your opinions and help :)

Of course, I'm not a VW fanboy or anything. The only reason I ended up looking at Golfs (and strongly at a Leon), is that I find I didn't like a lot of the interiors (mainly the dash) for most other brands, with the exception of VAG cars. I actually like the Astra a lot too, but the interior doesn't really do it for me.

I've viewed the Golf and am going to go ahead with it, was very impressed with it. Sure, it's more money than other brands but it'll also sell for more too. Plus I can afford the car, might as well get something I enjoy during this short life of mine. Thanks very much for all your opinions and help :)

I just got the carzone annual report emailed to me there, guess what the most searched car was in 2017 - VW Golf! Not saying that means anything just mentioning it! Hope you got your car and are happy with whatever deal you got.

Back