New York in july

J

jango1975

hi anybody know if july is expensive to go to new york
looking to go in around the 20 th

The ONLY way to fly to New York is with Aer Lingus. They have 3 flights a day and you can mix & match ie. leave Dublin on the early flight @ 10:30am and leave NY on the late flight at 9pm. Their fares are always cheaper than Delta or Continental and the crew are always friendly and cheerful.

I have no affiliation with Aer Lingus but I travel to the States 3 to 5 times a year. I've tried all the airlines but I've never been disappointed with Aer Lingus, can't say the same for the others. Continental doesn't even fly into New York, they fly to New Jersey, the next state over, using 757's that have only 1 aisle and feel very cramped.

The ONLY way to fly to New York is with Aer Lingus. They have 3 flights a day and you can mix & match ie. leave Dublin on the early flight @ 10:30am and leave NY on the late flight at 9pm. Their fares are always cheaper than Delta or Continental and the crew are always friendly and cheerful.

I would have said from personal experience that Aer Lingus fares are (nearly) always more expensive than Continental or Delta.

I'd say you're wrong. As I previously posted, I fly there 3-5 times a year and have found Aer Lingus to be better and cheaper than either Continental or Delta. You might get lucky and get the odd fare slightly better with the American carriers but that'd just be luck. Anyway the crew, service, whole experience just seems to be so much better with Aer Lingus.

I have no affiliation with Aer Lingus but I travel to the States 3 to 5 times a year. I've tried all the airlines but I've never been disappointed with Aer Lingus, can't say the same for the others. Continental doesn't even fly into New York, they fly to New Jersey, the next state over, using 757's that have only 1 aisle and feel very cramped.

Continenatal have always been cheaper than Aerlingus from my experience. And Newark is the same distance from Manhattan as JFK is so no difference there. The 757's are a bit of an issue though, they do feel kind of small but they are very comfortable and the staff are very good.

Newark is also a much quieter airport and i've never been in a queue there

I'm heading to New York the first week in March. Aer Lingus is €469 whilst Continental are €301 - for the same days and roughly the same times. For two people that is quite a difference. Can this be correct? I've never travelled Continental before. Should I go for them?

I'd say you're wrong. As I previously posted, I fly there 3-5 times a year and have found Aer Lingus to be better and cheaper than either Continental or Delta. You might get lucky and get the odd fare slightly better with the American carriers but that'd just be luck. Anyway the crew, service, whole experience just seems to be so much better with Aer Lingus.

I think it may depend on where you fly from. I flew from Shannon last August and Delta was easily the cheapest. I would definitely fly with them again.

I know it's not what you asked, but two words sprang to mind on reading "New York in July": "hot" and "humid". Might be worth keeping in mind if you're planning much outside sightseeing....

Back