New York for five days

mazie

Hi all,

looking for some advise, I am off to New York( all depending on aerlingus strike) a wk before christmas for 5days!! I know there is lots of post on this already but was wondering is it possible to do the whole shopping and sight seeing in 5days?? I want to visit woodbury commons as i hear good things about it, this will take a day out of trip so left with 4 days to do the sights, any ideas how i could fit all sights in? Am an early bird on hols so will be up bright and early!!

The best way to do things is to walk and take the subway.

Its very easy to fit it all into 4 days, I did and loved every minute.

Get a map and plan out everywhere you wanna go.

I was there about five years ago and took a bus tour which covered all the major sights. I visited the Empire State Building at night and that was my favourite. Looking out over the city at night was truly spectacular.
Tripadvisor.com is a great travel website, if you visit the New York forum on that, you will find loads of great tips. Enjoy it, it's a fantastic city.

I did the lot in 5 days as well.

If you get the chance visit the Tenement museum below Soho. If you like history it's a fascinating place showing in a very authentic way how the immigrants lived in NY.There is now an apt devoted to an Irish family I believe.

If you want to visit the Guggenheim, MOMA, National History Museum, Intrepid, the Empire state you can buy a city Pass. Helps you skip the queues and works out cheaper.

Have a great trip

Always found the hop-on/hop-off bus a great investment , ticket valid for 48 hours from first use and include either free or discounted admission to many attractions. Tickets can be purchased from the street vendors at the stops. Also the guides giving the live commentary are excellent and really know their New York.

Back