New Washing Machine

S

SteelBlue05

Looking to buy a new washing machine, whats the difference between a washer dryer and an integrated washer?

Or anyone care to recommend one? I see Zanussi got some bad reviews on the this site and thats the one I was looking at in DID.

With nearly 25 years of home laundry experience (!) can I suggest that the combined washer/dryers are a waste of time; a clothes horse is cheaper, better for the environment and effective.

My favourite for a washing machine is Miele, least favourite would be Hotpoint.

SteelBlue05 said:
whats the difference between a washer dryer and an integrated washer?
'Integrated' means it has cupboard doors on the front so it looks like the rest of your kitchen (disguised). A washer-drier would do both washing and drying whereas an integrated washer would just wash but would blend in with the rest of the kitchen.

My Da has been into repairing machinges for 20 odd years.

As suggested washer driers are sh1te Better to go for seperate.
The fan for the drying isn't big enough.

We had a Miele in our house years ago, great machine.
The new ones are not as good though even though they are still just as pricey.

We used to have a washer/dryer years ago when I still lived with the parents. Something happened to the dryer part and had to be fixed, which for some reason meant the washer couldn't be operated either, therefore couldn't even wash clothes. Reccommend the separate washer and dryer.

thanks for the replies, I'm weighing towards just getting washer (no dryer).

Just to add my experience.

Miele brilliant but pricey.

Bosch almost just as good.

Washer driers are a waste of time as you can only dry half the washed load effectivly so loads of damp clothes waiting about.

They are only suitable for small apartments where you cant fit two machines.

Also if you are looking at a drier they absolutely eat electricity.

If you have gas you can buy a gas heated drier which uses only a fraction of the electricity.

If you have space for a clothes horse somewhere in the house, you shouldn't need a dryer. They can be handy for the odd emergency, but I use mine about 4-5 times a year I'd say!
Leo

We have an LG for about a year now; great washer. 7 kg load, multiple choices on programmes, spin speeds, temperature etc and it even whistles at you to tell you it's finished. cost about £450 but came with a 5 year parts and labour guarantee.

Back