New Volcanic Ash restriction

TheShark

The IAA will be making a statement in about an hour regarding possible closures of Irish airspace tomorrow following a change in wind direction which may send the ash cloud into Irish airspace. Intending passengers should check airline websites.

CityJet have cancelled all filghts between DUB and LCY tomorrow. I think this is a bit premature, but we'll see.

Update: they've changed that page now to say that only some flights are affected.

Irish airspace is closed from 7am to be reviewed again at 1pm tomorrow (as per RTE news on their website) so I think they called it correctly.

This one seems more accurate , help I can't enter a link so it has to be long-hand

mapped.at/volcano/index.html

Irish airspace is open again. Further update from the Irish Aviation Authority at 8pm.

not looking good though, they reckon there'll be closures again tomorrow and thursday...really hope this changes, meant to be going to madrid on saturday for my birthday :(

vandriver - how accurate is your link? when i checked it there a minute ago, the ash cloud layer wasn't even near enough Ireland to make a ban of flights logical. i am planning to fly out on friday, so i am all nervous at the moment and monitoring any news coming from the IAA. it's so nerve wrecking! :(

thanks Gervan. Looking at the forecast, I just want to cry.....I hope that cloud vanishes one way or another and asap. :(

This one is kept very up to date U.K Met Office in long hand
3w.metoffice.gov.uk/aviation/vaac/vaacuk_vag.HTML

I'm not allowed post proper URL's so you'll have to alter the above from 3w to www and then at the end from HTML to html

have you any idea how one should read these maps,there are 4,each with diffenent numbers on them.

have you any idea how one should read these maps,there are 4,each with diffenent numbers on them.
Top left -20100511/1800Z that's todays date and 1800 is 6 PM, top right is 12/0000Z is o (zero) )midnight) hours 12 May, then 12/0600Z is 12th may at 6 AM.
I think RED is then high ash concentration

Back