New State Savings 4 Year "Solidarity Bond" Term Deposit

Yes, as I said -- a couple of tenths of a percent more.

Apologies, I just checked and didn't realise the 4 year was only 0.5% apr - I knew the 5 year was 1% so assumed 4 year would only be a little less, and thus better than a lot of rates at the moment. Not sure why anyone would go for the 4 year option vs 5 year at double the interest rate.

No worries. I expect it means the five year is probably due for a chop pretty soon.

Off topic a little but you can now purchase the 5 years certs and 4 and 10 year bonds online from statesavings.ie. As long as you already have an account and have provided all the documentation, you are good to go. The only limit is with respect to the max you can withdraw from your bank account - €5k with AIB for example. You get your bond/cert in the post within a dew days.

On maturity form I got it says purchase will not be taken into account when calculating your maximum holdings. If however using new funds you subsequently purchase or seek to purchase further products in the same issue, then the total held in that issue will be reckonable when calculating your maximum holdings.

4 year and 10 year bonds are now issue 6 so if I use my maturing total which is aprox. €163,000 and put it in a 4 year I wont be able to get any more 4 or 10 year bonds in issue 6. If i get a 5 year issue 22 then i could still get 4 and 10 year bonds? I hope someone get's my point. it's not very clear and when I phoned them the last time I hadn't a great experience.

On maturity form I got it says purchase will not be taken into account when calculating your maximum holdings. If however using new funds you subsequently purchase or seek to purchase further products in the same issue, then the total held in that issue will be reckonable when calculating your maximum holdings.

4 year and 10 year bonds are now issue 6 so if I use my maturing total which is aprox. €163,000 and put it in a 4 year I wont be able to get any more 4 or 10 year bonds in issue 6. If i get a 5 year issue 22 then i could still get 4 and 10 year bonds? I hope someone get's my point. it's not very clear and when I phoned them the last time I hadn't a great experience.
I think I get your point you want to reinvest your 163k into a 5 year cert (normal limit 120k) even though the 163k is from a maturing 4 year bond. You can then buy a new 4 year bond with another 120k. I would say that yes, you can do this.

See part 1.3 (b) of the below document
https://www.statesavings.ie/Downloads/SCSpecificConditions.pdf
1.3 There is no limit on Savings Certificates in Issue 22 that are held as a result of:
(a) transfers to you in accordance with condition 17 (Death of a Holder) of the General Terms and Conditions; and/or
(b) investment by you of proceeds on the maturity of your other Products.

That's helpful The Ghoul and would I be correct in saying that the 4 year bond and 10 year bond although both numbered issue 6 are separate so let's say I did go with a 4 year bond I could still do a 10 year bond for 120K?

Off topic a little but you can now purchase the 5 years certs and 4 and 10 year bonds online from statesavings.ie. As long as you already have an account and have provided all the documentation, you are good to go. The only limit is with respect to the max you can withdraw from your bank account - €5k with AIB for example. You get your bond/cert in the post within a dew days.

- I just purchased some prize bonds -over €100 -it only gave me an option of paying via debit card which in my case would be a limit of €1,500. Nothing about paying via bank account?

- I just purchased some prize bonds -over €100 -it only gave me an option of paying via debit card which in my case would be a limit of €1,500. Nothing about paying via bank account?
I meant the max you can spend on your card rather than a bank transfer. AIB limit on debit card transactions is €5,000.

Irish 2 year yields are now -0.5%.

The NTMA say they keep rates in line with deposit rates and sovereign yields.

The NTMA rates are, again, out of line with deposit rates and sovereign yields.

Will the NTMA cut State Savings rates again?

Fill yer boots :D

I have around 120k in savings certs (17th issue) maturing in 2017/2018 hopefully I don't have to pay the NTMA to reinvest!

Well my 5 Year Savings Certificate is about to mature and I've got my maturity form and another big decision. 5,4 or even 3 years I'm looking at. 10 years is a no. Thoughts? Not interested in shares or J & T via Raisin Bank. Either way Inflation will probably eat up my interest. The 5 years flew in but the paperwork is just as bad.

I want to move money from KBC into State Savings but having to lock it away for so long is putting me off. Eventually the money is a house deposit and I dint know when that opportunity will arise so would need to be able to access the money

I want to move money from KBC into State Savings but having to lock it away for so long is putting me off. Eventually the money is a house deposit and I dint know when that opportunity will arise so would need to be able to access the money
You can access the money at any point you just forfeit most of the interest.

Have a look here.

Back