New Rabo direct email

colc1

Did anyone else get the email which offers you €20 if you fill in the online form, print it off along with the 'party pooper' page', etc. Is there a catch? A free €20 sounds like a no-lose deal

Hey Clubman it doesnt say anything about friends that I can see so I am assuming its a different offer for the moment

Yes, it's a different offer. €20 when you open an account. New customers only I presume.

Who did they send these emails to? They told me that they don't send unsolicited bulk emails (i.e. spam) and only send such emails to those who have explicitly opted into receiving them. I hope the straight talking bank were not engaging in crooked talk.

ClubMan, the suggestion that they are spamming seems groundless. You've opted out of their email list now, which is presumably why you didn't get the new email.

I wonder who the Party Poopers referred to are? :)

I didn't suggest, I asked. Why would they be sending existing customers an offer of €20 if they open a new account? As such I presumed that this email went to non customers. If those non customers somehow signed up for such emails then well and good. If not then it is spam. Maybe somebody who has received the email can confirm (a) if they are an existing customer and (b) if they signed up for such emails? Some people may consider this a trivial matter. I do not. Name calling does not bother me.

I received the email, but have signed up for these emails but have not opened an account with them to date.

Sorry, I thought you were suggesting they were spammers. Would you object if I said I hope you don't beat your wife or I hope a named RTE presenter is not homosexual?

MugsGame said:
Would you object if I said I hope you don't beat your wife or I hope a named RTE presenter is not homosexual?
Yes - because it would be in breach of at least two .

I received that mail too. Had signed up for an account, but never completed the paperwork and sent it back.

Here's the text of the mail:

In just one year we’ve secured over €700 million on deposit over €20 million in investment funds and the good news for you is that it’s not too late to start earning over 30 times more interest than similar demand accounts with other banks. Come on! You told yourself you’d do it. Now get to it! Open an account today.

Our recent questionnaire tells us that the majority of our “party pooper” non customers…yup that’s you …..have been meaning to open their accounts for some time now! And that you’d be more likely to open your account with the offer of a €20 deposit from us…..so here it is…click here to find out how to get it!

Which brings you to this page:

[broken link removed]

I got this email and I do have an account with them. Thinking of closing it, though they don't know this.

Fair enough - based on the sample above it would seem to suggest that only those who had given their details to Rabo and presumably signed up for junk were targeted.

Back