new point theatre

O

Olly64

does anyone know anything about it? how big its going to be, when does it open? the first i knew they were knocking it when it was mentioned at the bernard dunne fight

Found this on www.livenation.ie

Ireland's premiere music venue

"The Point is presently undergoing a complete transformation. The €80m scheme will feature expanded and improved facilities which will enhance the overall customer experience. The heritage and character of the old Point will be preserved and in some areas we will be highlighting the original design of this historic building along with a mix of the new. The new Point is due to re-open again in late 2008 with a much increased capacity in the style of a custom designed music amphitheatre with excellent auditorium acoustics and sightlines.

The artistes that play The Point say time after time that the Irish audience is the best in the world and therefore we at The Point are creating a venue that will be internationally lauded by both audiences and performers alike.

Updated details of the progress of the building scheme will appear regularly on this website"

And rumour has it that U2 will play there on the first night it reopens
That would be a ticket i would love to get my hands on

Seeing as it's a protected structure, they should dismantle it brick by brick and bring it in trucks via the port tunnel out to the airport and reassemble it as an aircraft hangar. That's all it's good for.
It has to be the worst live music venue in the known world.

Back