New pension advice

M

Mistycat

Hi there

Myself and my husband are looking to set up a pension. We are both in our early 30's. I really feel that we should have done this ages ago but there you are.

We may have a bit of a different set up than most people. My husband does contract work and earns about 100k but this will go down when he takes something perm - then it'll be around 50-70K. I work part time and earn about €130 a week, that is when I work, which I don't always.

We don't have any kids (if we do I won't work at all), and are renting with a view to building our own house in the next year or so.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: May be an unusual query

What is unusual about your query? Lots of people would fit into the same categories.

Why not just open a suitable low charges PRSA or retirement annuity contract? See other threads for examples of these with no charges on each contribution and just an annual managment charge of c. 1%. If your husband is self employed then there may be other options open to him. Ultimately you should probably get independent, professional advice about this from somebody who can assess your overall financial circumstances and recommend specific options geared towards these.

Thanks for that. Where would a good place be to go to get independent advice?

A good authorised advisor or multi-agency intermediary. Have you read the various threads here on AAM about pensions? And the IFSRA guides on this and other investment matters?

No, I am completely in the dark with this stuff. But I'll have a look, thanks

Back