New PC , Screen printer...the works..

howareya

I am looking to but a computer for my new home. I will be putting a bookkeeping package on it so it probably needs more memory??

I don't know much about the technical end of a computer. i would really appreciate if someone could suggest the best place to go and the type of hardware i need.

Also i was thinking of getting a 3 in 1 printer scanner coppier. are these a bad job?? I will use the scanner quite a lot. What are the best makes to go for?

Oh and one more thing, whats the chances of having it before Christmas?

Please help

I don't know much about the technical end of a computer. i would really appreciate if someone could suggest the best place to go and the type of hardware i need.

I work for a company call ICCM, we would be happy to offer advice on the best machine for your requirements and supply same , you can check out our latest offers at www.iccm.ie

What are the best makes to go for?
Personally I like HP, which is one of the largest manufacturers, but it depends on the factors involved such as price, customer service etc, for instance Fujitsu Siemens generally offer 3 years on-site support guarantees with their products but it is often worth checking out online reviews once you have decided on a particular model

Oh and one more thing, whats the chances of having it before Christmas?
If you are still looking and we have it in stock we will do our best to get it to you before Xmas

I work for a company called Digidox, we are Xerox authorised suppliers here in Dublin

we only sell printing copying and scanning hardware so we gotta be good at what we do

feel free to pm me any questions and best of luck

I am looking to but a computer for my new home. I will be putting a bookkeeping package on it so it probably needs more memory??
Your book-keeping package wont trouble the PC, but the choice of operating system will. Recommend 2GB for Vista, 1GB is fine for XP. For Vista you will need a more powerful machine than for XP. You will not need a blistering machine for that kind of application, but dont get the lowers rated CPU, especially if getting vista.

Also i was thinking of getting a 3 in 1 printer scanner coppier. are these a bad job?? I will use the scanner quite a lot. What are the best makes to go for?
People have opinions on this, but I think that a reasoable office type laser 3-in-1 are a great idea (not for photos). You need much less space than for 3 seperate devices, less wires etc. I use a HP 2820, its noisy but the scanner is great.

I like the 3 in 1 myself. Much less clutter and the better ones are pretty good these days. The only thing is if you are doing a lot of B&W printing you might be better going for a basic laser printer as they are much cheaper in ink.

What software package is it? Personally I'd avoid getting Vista if I could. Its too new. I would normally just see what offers Dell are coming up with and compare them with their outlet store. I would expect there to be sales after christmas and that would be a better time to buy.

These days I would get 2GB of ram and after that it doesn't really matter for a office computer.

Back