New oil boiler

discovery101

Hi Guys.....our current oil boiler is on its last legs and needs to be replaced, any advice on a new oil fired boiler would be great, type, manufacturer etc.
The house is a 3 bed semi and the boiler will have to sit on the ground in the gangway.

Thanks in advance.

My boiler is the original boiler from the house built in 1975. I have replaced the burner and pump and serviced every 2 years . It’s efficiency has been tested and I’m told it’s still a very efficient system. As above why is it on its last legs ?

My boiler is the original boiler from the house built in 1975. I have replaced the burner and pump and serviced every 2 years . It’s efficiency has been tested and I’m told it’s still a very efficient system. As above why is it on its last legs ?
Going by what the plumber says!! any advice would be appreciated.

Get a new plumber? - only joking

We had a Oil fired boiler that was 25 years old, running on gasoil to heat a hall.

Our plumber fitted a new burner and we changed over to kerosene - more efficent and cheaper. We changed the flue and installed a double-skin tank. We expect it to last another 20 years - after that, I'd imagine we will have to change to a greener technology

If you get a proper service, you should get a barrage of statistics to see how it is doing.

Back