New mortgage - advice required

Jaffa_cake

I am looking for some advice. I am have gone sale agreed on a house at 550,000euro.
I have been approved a mortgage of 160,000 from PTSB. I have enough funds to close the sale of the house with the amount of mortgage.
I have current accounts in EBS, PTSB and AIB. I have been approved a mortgage from both PTSB and EBS. So far I have been dealing with PTSB and they were giving me an extra 5k in my mortgage. They have sent an estate agent to get a valuation on house and I have paid this.
I am hoping to fix my mortgage for 2-3years initially. And my mortgage term is 30 years.
So my question is, should I shop around or stay with PTSB since I have come this far.
I was hoping to draw down the money and be in the house before Christmas, however my solicitor said this may not be possible as she has only received the contracts and there are a number of items in it that she needs to amend.

Should I go to AIB as they seem to have excellent rates? I am also enticed by the 2% cash back with PTSB and EBS, however the best rate and best customer service is what is important.

If you're hoping to fix for 2-3 years use online mortgage calculators to find the cheapest deal over that time ((monthly cost *36) - cash back). Go with the cheapest one.

With respect, there are other factors to consider, so I think that the Key Post here is a far better and completely independent guide.

Brendan

Back