New mobile phone query.

computerman

Im trying to transfer from 02 to vodafone to avail of one of their offers. Ive been told that as my passport is out of date and that as my drivers licence does not have a photo - I have no valid ID and cannot change.

Is this right. ? My drivers licence is valid until 2036 so no need to change and I dont need a passport so dont see the point is paying 60 yoyos to renew.

How come you don't have a picture on your driving license? Thought that was a requirement?

From what i can remember, utility companies have a policy - 2 forms of ID (passport, driving license,National ID card) & another recent utility bill with your name / address on it - if you don't satisfy that, then you can't go any further...

Im trying to transfer from 02 to vodafone to avail of one of their offers. Ive been told that as my passport is out of date and that as my drivers licence does not have a photo - I have no valid ID and cannot change.

Is this right. ? My drivers licence is valid until 2036 so no need to change and I dont need a passport so dont see the point is paying 60 yoyos to renew.

wow! How do you get a Driver's Licence valid til 2036?

You wont get a mobile phone contract in Ireland (bill pay) unless you have a valid form of photo ID acceptable in Ireland. Why not renew the passport? You may find you will need it one day within the next ten years!

Alternatively the National Age card would be the only other way

Curious to know where the driving licence is from as all the ones that I know of have photos on them including UK which was mentioned above.

valid uk licence. i dont have to get a photo licence till the current one expires :)

Agree with rustbucket. have to renew the passport - just the length of time that it takes to process it.....

at least I wont be buying a phone on impulse!

Back