new lotto website

I don't know about other people but when Camelot took over I stopped doing the lottery as I felt it shouldn't have been sold to a private company

After watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire last night the Lotto results were immediately displayed on our tv screens. The visual numbers differed from the voiced numbers. On checking the Lottery website I found that the visual tv numbers differed from those there. I don't know if the voiced tv numbers were the same as those on the website, but I presume they were.

1. But, doesn't some financial firm check that everything is OK with the numbers, the numbers drawn and the result? I don't know what's going on but is the the same financial company that couldn't tell the difference between a 9 and a 6 on the lottery some years ago?

2. When will we see "another million added" again. I wonder?

No wonder the bookies continue to "coin it" on the Lotto numbers.

It was at least twice later announced that the numbers put up on screen were incorrect while those read out were correct. I am guessing that the numbers on screen were from a previous draw.

I wonder how many people checked their numbers on screen and will not become aware that they were the wrong numbers or have thrown away/torn up their tickets.

I'd imagine that the financial firm check that the draw is conducted correctly but are probably not responsible for subsequent announcements of the results.

Back