New Life Clothing

shaking

I received a leaflet in the door from the above charity asking me to leave unwanted clothes out for collection. I looked up their web address but it just shows that the name has been taken no site as of yet. Anyone heard of them? Wondering if I should just drop my clothes to SVDP

Don't touch them - give your clothes to a registered charity directly such as Oxfam, the VdP or Barnardos.

There are a few different threads on these type of collection - see here for one of them.

I always go to either [broken link removed] or SVdeP.

Just got one of these today.

Website is registered by:
Registrant Name:ANTANAS KERGE
Registrant Organization:ANTANAS KERGE
Registrant Street1:210 PACE AVENUE
Registrant Street2:CLONEE
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:DUBLIN
Registrant Phone:+353.858464828

Email doesn't work. Site is hosted by: www.letshost.ie.

However they are a registered company: 472169
APARTMENT 9
ARD CLUAIN
MAIN STREET
CLONEE, DUBLIN 15
and filed a return 23/02/2010.

So a company set up, probably to get the domain name then just trading away. These people pretending to be charities really irk me.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they were honest. Fair play to them if they're making a profit from recycling clothes, or at least were giving some money to charity in an open way. Grrr.

This "crowd" are not a charity!

They have been set up as a Limited Company trading for profit of the members only and their Memo & Arts stipulate that they are "exporters, importers, wholesalers and suppliers of clothing, garments and fashion goods of all kinds. To deal in jewellery, sports goods, bags, fancy goods, footwear, haberdashery items, gloves, hats, textile fabrics and apparel of all kinds"

They are around Roscommon today, same guy was here two weeks ago with a leaflet with a made up registered charity number on it.

There must be a lot of money in this business, with shops such as clearout.ie springing up in lots of towns.
There is a place for a new style 'rag and bone man' I suppose in these straitened times, but I wonder what happens the clothes and books, are they pulped and recycled?

Back