New Lenovo computer

browtal

I have just purchased a new Lenovo desktop all in one computer. I am delighted with it. It was a dream to install and is a great space saver.

One problem it has Windows 7 installed.

I have received attachments on emails that I cannot open. Can anybody help.

There are other variations also which I suppose I will adjust to.
Is Windows 7 very different from the older versions?

Browtal

One problem it has Windows 7 installed.
Why is that a problem? Did you not notice that it shipped with this before you bought it?
I have received attachments on emails that I cannot open. Can anybody help.
Maybe you don't have the necessary applications installed? What are the attachments (e.g. file type or filename suffix)?
Is Windows 7 very different from the older versions?
It is in some aspects but if you have used any recent version of Windows - e.g. XP or particularly Vista - then a lot should be familiar enough. I'd imagine that there are plenty of "switching from XP or whatever to Windows 7" guides out there.

One problem it has Windows 7 installed. There are other variations also which I suppose I will adjust to. Is Windows 7 very different from the older versions?
What Operating System are you currently used to using? If your migrating from Vista, then it's an improvement.
However, when ever your migrating from one OS to another, you will always have to adjust - as you have already identified. It can be annoying and you may find it frustrating - but Operating Systems change - and there really isn't much option but to change with them (with the exception of skipping one out - and Vista was definitely one to skip!).

I note with my windows 7, that if I use the 64 bit explorer some things will not open. so I always use the 32 bit.

Many thanks for your helpful replies. I am getting used to the system now with a little time.
I have now connected to wireless router and printer and I am proud of myself.
Have now managed to access attachments, I am taking the whole change as a new experience and enjoying it.
There are lots of sites to help too. Regards Browtal

Could any of my friends help me with Windows 7.

I am getting on well with it now but one big problem I cannot access a back button when wishing to return to a page on a web site.

Many thanks in advance Browtal

Your problem is your browser not Windows 7.

Are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer or another browser?

Are you sure you have MS office purchased / installed on the new PC ? This is different from the Operating System (OS).

Many thanks for your help. Internet explorer 64, installed with the computer.

I have now searched the internet for a solution and find that many
people have the same problem.

If I click on tools it allows me to click 'exit' and reveals the last document underneath, this solves my problem, It seemed easier with one click.
Many thanks Browtal

Back