New legislation to limit landlords' rights

I think this is it.

(IV) in the case of a dwelling to which the European Union (Energy Performance of Buildings) Regulations 2012 (S.I. No. 243 of 2012) apply and that has a BER of D1 or lower, the BER (within the meaning of those Regulations) being improved by not less than 3 building energy ratings;

or

(V) in the case of a dwelling to which the European Union (Energy Performance of Buildings) Regulations 2012 (S.I. No. 243 of 2012) apply and that has a BER of C3 or higher, the BER (within the meaning of those Regulations) being improved by not less than 2 building energy ratings,

The system is based on words ,it’s how you say it rather than what you say , a bit like scrabble but in law terms , rtb complaints will be and should be challenged by every landlord in Ireland and challenged and let them be brought to justice rather than the tenants. As there are throwing out the wrong information to the tenants . As certain cases are unlawful as they will go against everything what is on their rtb web site, including health and safety , anti social behaviour , breaches of tenant contract. The directors , CEO’s should be held accountable for the way the system is run as in real terms they are allowing this to happen, Ha Ha RTB time out very shortly. Oh make sure if they take one to court you should address all correspondences to the directors or ceo’s names So you are dealing with a human being rather than a corporation. RTB need law suits in high courts in the future to bring them back to logical thinking. The game now is name and shame .

The RTB is a farce and is totally leaning on the side of the tenant and a name and shame of landlords and not the rogue tenants...We need a system that is fair and not based on the crap that is fed to media with respect to rogue landlords. When I read of landlords renting out a 3 bed semi to 16 people I am sad that tenants of having to take this. I dont necessarily think that the landlord is rogue in this instance as otherwise these people may become a homeless statistic. If the same landlord gets 3000 per month or 5000 per month he is deemed a criminal...if he/she was in any other business they would be considered an entrepreneur. 16 people to a house or 5000 per month rent is not right but its not for the landlord to fix this...its for the government to facilitate social housing, BTL mortgages etc and thus reduce demand for properties which will stabilise rents ....(rant over :) )

As regards notice period I have instances in a 4 bed house where one tenant leaves and a new tenant takes over room..I create a new contract with the new names and update the date of contract and see this is as a new contract. With new contract I can serve notice within the month if I want the property vacated.. Does this make sense ?

Back