new job pay.

bax777

I started a new job recently, and for the first time I decided to get paid via bank rather than in my hand, they asked for my IBAN and that is all. They told me they sent it off on Wednesday, and that it would be there Thursday latest Friday. which it is not. I am very new to this IBAN methods. the bank account i gave them is not used very much and would be at present at £0... with IBAN transfers(or whatever the proper name for them is) would I need my account to have a certain amount in to pay a fee etc... any info anyone may have that they feel might be stopping the fee id love to hear.

and yes I will be talking to my employers, but maybe somebody smarter here could fill me in.

If that transfer was carried out on Wednesday from an Irish bank it should be in your account by now.

You need to contact your employer.

ye have done but unlikely to get a response until monday/tuesday.

are you familiar with this type of transfer? does the recipient of the money have to pay any fee to receive it would you know... that's the only issue I can see. checked all the info I gave them and its all correct. very annoying.

There is no fee to receive a payment by transfer to your bank account.

All employees who get paid into their bank account get paid this way. They might have transfered it late on Wednesdsay and it was not processed until Thursday.

I understand that it is frustrating that you don't have your money but if it has not been transfered by now, you will have to check on Tuesday.

ah okay so it shouldn't be a problem from my end, thanks for the responses guys.

@bax777 I notice you use the £ as your currency symbol. Are you in the UK? Do you realise that this is an Irish consumer site?

no i am Irish and just use the £ as i don't know how to get the euro symbol, not that big of deal to be pointing it out is it?

Back