New Ireland Assurance - Funds & Reduced Management Charges

M

mercman

I am posting this thread again under New Ireland as it was previously under Bank of Ireland Life, which are Tied Agents of New Ireland. If there are any others out there that have invested in Bank of Ireland Life funds (the same as New Ireland funds under a different name) and were promised a reduction in Management Charges, you had better start by checking that you are not been overcharged instead of any special arrangement. I invested a lump sum with them in Nov 06. After seeking clarity and evidence for the reduced Management Charge, I was sent figures showing that the implicit Management Charges had already been deducted and a further 1% deducted as well. So instead of a 'special' 1% Management Charge I have been deducted 2.5%. Have written to the Manager that sold the Policy, the Investment Manager, the MD of BoI Investments, The Customer Care Team and the Legal Department in the past 14 months and have received no reply. Literally nothing, And the Financial Services Ombudsman cannot either. So if you are on a special deal check it out request the evidence and do not take their word on it.

Back