New Honda Civic

J

jake108

Friend of mine considering buying the new Honda Civic. Anyone any experience with the brand new one?

Thanks

New one looks pretty cool for sure... older versions of the Civics always had a good record....good luck with it.

She has changed her mind due to the availibility. She wanted a silver one(I happen to think that if you're payiing the guts of 25k for a car you are well within your rights to want a particular colour). One main Honda dealer told her that they have to be ordered and she would be better off to "take what she can get". She was told she could have it in June but it then turned out to be August. I know that a car depreciates as soon as you buy it but within 4 months of her buying it, it would be a year old. So that put her off along with the bs that went along with ordering it. I know it's a lovely car but come on!!

Did she try a few dealers? I was getting a new Accord last year and wanted black...got the same story about having to wait and then i made a few calls to other dealers...one had that model/colour on order anyway and I got it the week after.

Yeah she went to 3 dealers and got the same story in all!!

Its the old supply and demand.

Ten years ago she could have a chequered coloured car in a week if she wanted it.

I like the Honda range. The new Civic looks great in the ad.

Will have to see it for real though.

BM

Nice looking car! completely different look to the old one, reminds me of the old mazda 323f back in the earily 90's

I`d guess there`s a lot of queue skipping.
Press them on delivery.
Say you are down to a choice of two and will buy one (Civic) or the other within a week.Try a few dealers.
One Toyota dealer told me 3 months, another, when pushed, said a week or two.
Believe nothing they say...whether its true or not.

The issue with the new civic is that nobody seems to have any in stock. I sent 8 emails to 8 different Honda garages and visited one. Only 1 mailed back.

The one I visited hadn't a clue, they had one on floor and didn't know what extras if any you could specify or when they'd have model/colour I would have looked for.

The one that did e-mail me back said it would be summer before they could gaurantee one with the colour / model I was enquiring about.

They are a nice car. They'll sell well once the supply is sorted. They look very different to anything on the road. You'll either love or hate. They'll sell well. The price is almost the same as the value of a full SSIA at maturity.

Back