New Here.. PLease help

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allmycats

I am new to your forum and have a big question/ and know someone here can help me figure this out. THANKS!
Mom died last year, I owned half the house with her. Will says house is to be sold and my half is mine and half goes to my brother. No problem with this part.... but now that the house has been sold, I already got my half, and the estate is in probate now. I want to charge the estate for the hundreds of hours and money I spent to clear the house out and make it ready for sale. It took me 10 months to do this. My brother spent 0 hours doing this, not to mention did not help in any way at all. When I first met with our attorney I was under the impression that I could charge for all of this and now I am being informed that because I owned half the house this may not be true. I am shocked, and certianly would have hired someone else to do this. My work and time was not for free. What do you think I should, can do???? THANKS to all that respond to me!

I guess you are based in the US. If that is the case it's unlikely you will get the advice you need here as this is an Irish site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back