new heating

By the way Davy what do you think now, would it be worth a shot or still a no go????

The heat requirement is about 13KW but I have an 18KW Installed.
last year 18kW was the smallest.( now 8/10/12/18/24/32)

We burn approximatly 1/2 bag of logs and a bale of briquetts for about 14 hours burning or 1 euro palet:)

Yes you can burn coal the problem is when the fan cuts off its inclined to soot up the stove, its best to burn logs turf , heatlogs.

No I havent a battery back up but you can get one no problem.

When you loose power the fan shuts down and the stoves starts to cool after about 45 mins as you have no draught.

There is an open vented water shell around the stove and the pressurised side has a 3 bar safety valve as any system would. even if the stove on the open side boils for any reason the pressurised side is still working taking the heat away and with no cavitation very important.

Yes the stove is fully pumped to a 300l cylinder with solar also.

Best regards
Gregor

gregor,

what temperature does the UFH and rads run at usually??

does the UFH flow have to mix with the return before it enters the system??

By the way Davy what do you think now, would it be worth a shot or still a no go????

I have yet to form an opinion. I would need to know more about the product.

I would seriously question the heat outputs v actual heat demand and fuel consumption.

I would see non use of high temp fuel a real draw back in increasing heat output.

It may be an option if you can't get natural circulation. However I reserve judgement.
If I have time next week I will call their tech department and get the low down. I will also ask my suppliers to see if they have sold/heard of product. I will report back.

Davy the heat output from the stove is unbeliveable. I have had a few types of stoves and none of them can compare when you can set a temp and maintain that within a few degrees its briliant.
you get 4 KW from the glass and surround of the stove which is enough to heat a decent size room.
The stove is really slow burning and really easy on fuel. We tried ours and we used 6 blocks of wood and 2 bales of briquetts from 8am to 11pm and the stove was still lighting. We were running at 65 degrees all day.
Call them they will explain everything in lay terms aswell as technical terms that you would be more familar with.

Thanks for all the info guys. The Yanks have a saying though" When things seem to be too good to be true, they generally are" That said and done it sounds like the real deal. BTW MAgtape did you get the Solar panels off these guys and if so what do you think of them??????

Yeah got solar also have no complaints. It works very well even on bad days.
I know Taydo the stove sounds too good to be true but it is 100% true.

Hi Magtape,

Does the stove need to be stocked up regularly? What do you do on days where there's nobody in the house during the day? Do you light the stove when someone comes back to the house or just run the gas on these days?

Hi dj you need to stock the stove about every 4 to 6 hours depending what fuel your using. The sove will reach 65 deg in 15 to 20 mins as fast as any oil boiler.

Back