New gas boiler recommendations

jmhocac

Hello. My 20 year old Baxi gas boiler has given up and needs to be replaced. I'm living in a 3 bed semi detached house that was built in the 80's and has nine radiators. My gas man is recommending an Ideal Logic 18kw but I've read mixed reviews.

20 years ago when the boiler was installed it was put into the wardrobe in the box room as it was against an outside wall (and the rules weren't as strict). I have had a family since and want to use the wardrobe space and want to take the boiler out and put it in the attic so there's minimal pipework and disruption. My gas man has said that this is doable but I will have to remove the smaller of the two tanks in the attic and use a sealed system with the Ideal Logic.

Is the Ideal Logic a good boiler or is there a better one that I can get and still have minimum disruption with pipework. I have wooden floors upstairs and it would cost a lot to have to take them up for pipework. I would like to remove the boiler from the box room.

Ideal Logic is a good boiler but would be a basic boiler.
Ideal themselves do not provide any warranty for the outside of the U.K. so the warranty is direct from the sole importer, Davies.
There are better quality boilers on the market but they won't be able to match Ideal's low price so if you go for an Ideal you should benefit from a much lower price.

Back