New gas boiler leak

Susie2017

I had a new gas boiler installed last Dec at a cost of 3500. I have had a small leak from it since August. Have called and text the installer several times since then but he hasn't turned up to look at it. I know it's a busy time of year but I am disappointed at the fact that he has not bothered to take a look at it. Have used him for previous issues in my parents homes without issue. Any suggestions as to how to proceed ?

@Susie2017
If the guy is a sole trader you could write a very polite letter advising of the situation and that knowing he is busy and all that but it now three months and in case he missed the calls - but that if you do not hear from him that you have been advised that you may have a remedy at the Small Claims Court and it would be far better to deal with the issue as you though he was so reliable in the past you wonder has there been a problem that you are not aware of etc.

Ok. I might try that approach. My texts to him have been polite so far. I'm running out of patience and think it's quite bad form after spending so much on a new boiler so recently. I trusted him entirely that the old one needed replacing. Starting to wonder now. Would the RGII also advise ? Should I use the boiler while the leak is there or leave it off in case the pressure is low ?

My Dad also has a noise issue with his gas boiler now and I'm reluctant to even call anyone about it as I have had bad experiences with plumbers over the years. Especially in relation to them turning up, over charging etc. I have no faith in them. Is it possible to change from gas to an electric boiler/ radiator heater in an apartment ? Anyone done this ?

Is he registered gas installer ?
It could be water from them vent.
It could also cause lots of damage too your work top.

Yes he's a registered installer. Water is being collected in a container. Anyone know if it's safe to use boiler ?

Back