New gas boiler in apartment

Susie2017

Hi. My gas boiler refused to start the other night. There has been an intermittent leak of water from it now for many years which was initially helped by plumber putting in some sort of sealant. Leak getting worse over last few weeks. Plumber due but on his last visit said boiler was getting old. Arent we all. Anyway in case he suggests a replacement what should i ask or expect ? I have heard that certain boilers can heat hot water instantly for showers, bath kitchen tap etc. What brand is best? Its a 2 bed apt. Any experiences welcome. I should have added the hot water cylinder is unvented.

I have heard that certain boilers can heat hot water instantly for showers, bath kitchen tap etc. What brand is best? Its a 2 bed apt.

That would be a combi boiler, and would require more extensive plumbing changes to accommodate, in most cases the hot water cylinder would be removed altogether.

I changed my boiler a few yrs back to a Woodchester Bosch Greenstar. Found it excellent. It (was) a dearer model, but I'm glad I got it. My bills are less than my neighbor who went with a cheaper model.

My bills are less than my neighbor who went with a cheaper model.

I would imagine all new boilers these days would be very.efficient , your neighbour.may have the heating on much.more than you and you.may also have better insulatuon than your neighbour. I got a Vissmann boiler installed, it won the 'Which' best.buy in 2017. A fantastic boiler.with ten.year warranty if fitted by vissmann trained engineer. Percision are the company.in Ireland.who deal with them.

I would imagine all new boilers these days would be very.efficient , your neighbour.may have the heating on much.more than you and you.may also have better insulatuon than your neighbour. I got a Vissmann boiler installed, it won the 'Which' best.buy in 2017. A fantastic boiler.with ten.year warranty if fitted by vissmann trained engineer. Percision are the company.in Ireland.who deal with them.

Actually, usage is about the same. We have discussed that. and my house has more insulation, but the variance in bills is more than would be accounted for by it alone. Nonetheless, the essential point is that quality matters, and that's my advice to the OP.

Yes, its essential to do your research. Baxi seem to.be very popular.but some of the.reviews were.simply awful.

Turns out there are some valves that need replacing. Boiler is around 15 years old. Im not anxious to replace it unless absolutely necessary. Also not anxious to change hotpress arrangements as that was done in recent years with zoning system etc at considerable costs. It was suggested a cherrypicker would be needed to replace the boiler flue as apt is on second floor this would make the whole job v expensive.

Back