New franchise / business idea ?

R

rabbit

Has anyone got an idea for a new business franchise ? If someone has seen a new business franchise doing well then maybe if people in other areas bought it there would be no conflict of interest. Long shot I know.

What sort of idea do you have in mind?
I have attended at the Franchise exhibition in the past and found them both good and useless.

What sort of idea do you have in mind?
Any idea of a new business franchise doing well. I would be sceptical of a lot of the cheaper franchises. Basically I would be interested in a good business without having to spend hundreds of thousands of euro.

Before going a step further check out this website regarding franchises... the good, the bad and the (very) ugly. Franchisors will paint a very rosy picture of how their business is succeeding. They want your check and royalties. Their favorite quotes are "in business for yourself but not by yourself" and "90% of franchises are still in business after 5 years" (compared with start-ups). How many franchises have over 100 units and have been franchising for more than 7 years? In a world of some 1458 franchises, only 37. That is an amazing fact. Here is the link to that nugget. allows you to view the UFOC (uniform franchise offering circular) that franchisors must make (in America, not here naturally). There are many many franchises, very few are worth considering imho.

Back