New form to fill in if travelling to Spain?

Re: New form to be filled in before you enter Spain: failure to do so -refused entry?

You mean even worse delays! Have you been out there recently... :(

Re: New form to be filled in before you enter Spain: failure to do so -refused entry?

Was speaking with one of the package operators yesterday as due to travel to spain just as this becomes requirement, was told that they "guess" that you will fill the form out on the plane but they are not sure!! Very comprehensive plan of action put together to minimise delays, how typical!

Re: New form to be filled in for Spain

I have read that Aer Lingus will provide facilities on their website to enable
passengers to enter the details there.

I heard that too but I still can't find any reference to this new form on the Aer Lingus site and in "the manage your booking" section advanced passenger information can only be entered for the USA.

my dad contacted his tour operator today and they haven't a clue either and never heard of it and he travels on the 14th June

Hi, I'm in a similar position. I live in Madrid, am flying to Dublin with aer lingus on Friday and will come back here to Spain on Sunday. I just rang aer lingus (20 minutes ago) and the person I spoke to from the helpdesk knew nothing about it... Said she supposed that they would do something about it inthe near future. I'm flying from the UK to Madrid with Easy jet in August and they have already sent me a form by e-mail to fill in and send back to them. I'll be interested to see what happens to aer lingus passengers flying to Spain from Ireland with Aer Lingus on Wednesday!

If you fly out of Dublin to Spain with Aer Lingus and use the online check-in option you cannot check in online without the passport information. Tried and tested this week! :)
Perhaps if you booked online with Aer Lingus and you go to the "manage your booking" option you can then enter in the additional information?

Perhaps if you booked online with Aer Lingus and you go to the "manage your booking" option you can then enter in the additional information?

I checked that out earlier this morning and there is still no mention of the form anywhere on the Aer Lingus website . We are going to Spain next week and I had intended to check in online - not sure if there is any point if I am going to have to queue up anyway to fill out this new form. :confused:

Dont worry, even the Aer Lingus self checkin machines now have passport scanners. You must scan your passport when checking in and the information is captured automatically.

I'm sorry I misread your original post. I thought you said you were flying from Spain to Dublin.

If you are flying to Spain from Dublin then you check in online and have to provide the information online before you can complete your check in. HTH

We won't join until the UK does due to the common travel arrangement between the two jurisdictions. I would imagine that the UK are slow to sign up as with most things involving the EU...

I'd imagine that the fact that both countries retain some over issuing visas is also an important issue. Losing that control may not go down very well domestically....

Once we join Schengen, any non-EU person who gets a visa to visit France or Hungary or any other EU country is automatically entitled to travel to Ireland without applying for a visa.

Thanks MO3art and lasno for your answers. Actually I have just discovered that his particular weekend I'm flying with Iberia (it's a trip I make very frequently!). The last time I flew from Madrid to dublin with aer lingus the website informed me that online checkin for that itinerary was not available (it was about a month ago -it may have changed since then). I can check in online with Iberia so that's what I'll do both ways, I presume they will ask me for all the relevant information online (famouslast words!). I actually have a Spanish resident's card (but british passport) which in theory should get me into the country, seeing as I work, live and pay my taxes here, but I have seen so many strange things in my life where bureaucracy is concerned that I just want to be covered all ends up!

I'm still interested to see how things go tomorrow, everyone's predicting chaos, because so many airlines are taking the same vague attitude as aer lingus - iberia has not informed me about anything, neither by e-amil or any other method, and has nothing on its site either - just for the record!

im going with ryan air in a few weeks - anyone know their policy?

Does it apply to Spanish mainland only? What about Canaries etc?

Which airline you travel with does not matter. The Spanish government decides policy not the airlines.
Remember that within the next 12 months all the other Schengen member
countries will be applying similar rules.

Has anyone gone to spain since this was implemented and what was the proceedure at the airport?

I flew to Malaga on Thursday and came back yesterday. I didn't have to fill out any forms either side.

Just for an update, and especially for anyone travelling with iberia,I checked in online with Iberia onThursday to fly from madrid to dublin, everything as normal. Rang iberia to check, asked woman how iberia would be handling this because I had to come back on Sunday, she said I would be informed in due course... rang spanish airport authorities information, got passed to three different people, non of them had HEARD of this, said it must be a rumour in english-speaking press!!!! Checked in online in Dublin to come back to Madrid on Sunday. Everything normal. Got to airport, sitting waiting to board when the crew came out and said could the following people, including myself, please come to the boarding gate. There they asked for our passports - we were the only ones who had checked in online and come through without checking in luggage- and I asked them why and it was of course to get the Additional passenger information. All other pasengers had had their passports scanned at the check-in desk.

In short, the whole thing is a mess but it appears to get sorted one way or another without TOO much hassle (famous last words...)

Dont know about Iberia or Aer Lingus but I checked in online with Ryanair
and your passport number and its expiry date is entered before you print your boarding card. This is all that is required as your name is already on the system.

Back